Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
- 8+ years of experience in the IT industry in Quality Assurance using Web based and Client/Server and Data Warehouse applications with strong business understanding.
- Experienced in creating and developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Reports, Defect Reports for both Manual and Automation tests.
- Extensively performed Black Box, Grey Box, White Box, API Testing, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Performance Testing.
- Proficient in using testing tools such as JUnit, LoadRunner, Selenium RC, WebDriver, and Quick Test Professional for web applications.
- Experience in Automated Functional and Performance Testing using Mercury Quick Test Professional (QTP), Mercury LoadRunner.
- Expertise in automating the software testing environment with open-source tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid and WebDriver.
- Experience in creating Test Frameworks using Selenium RC with Data Driven Testing, UI Mapping and Design Patterns.
- Experience in Automated QA using JUnit, TestNG, soapUI, ANT and Hudson.
- Experience with Automatic build and Continuous Integration using ANT and Hudson.
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks JUnit3, JUnit4 and TestNG.
- Experienced in Web Services Testing (WSDL) using soapUI.
- Experienced in Performance Testing using JMeter and LoadRunner.
- Hands on experience in Manual and Automated testing using Quick Test Pro(QTP), Load Runner, Quality Center
- Performance testing through acceptance for Web Services/APIs (SOAPUI).
- Experienced in writing QTP Test Scripts using Descriptive Programming and enhanced the scripts using Parameterization, Synchronization, Correlation, Regular Expressions, and Check Points.
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java.
- Robustly experienced in developing and testing Web Applications with J2EE, Java, XML, Oracle 9i, DB2 WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Excellent knowledge on Database, Data Warehouse, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Excellent understanding of Application Server and Database Server.
- Performed Database testing on Oracle, SQL Server using SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Demonstrated ability to work on Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Have experience with Water Fall, RUP, Agile development models.
- Strong working knowledge of Source Control System CVS and Subversion.
- Proficient in all test life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle.
- Able to work collaboratively with testers, developers and business Analysts in testing complex and large projects and maintain detail QA documentation.
- Proven ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations with positive results
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Attended weekly QA & Daily Agile Scrum meeting.
- Performing in Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, and Selenium Grid for Cross Browser Testing.
- Using Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven and Modular Driven for designing, implementing and maintaining automation framework.
- Performed automation testing specifically in BDD or TDD methodologies.
- Performing automation testing Behavior Driven Development framework (Cucumber) with Gherkin .
- Update the JIRA with manual/automated test cases.
- Reviewing requirements specification and functional specification in order to create test plan/test script.
- Analyzing user requirements and use cases, developed test scenarios and created test data.
- Reviewing test cases for functionality and conducted smoke testing, regration testing , integration testing and system testing manually.
- Using Quality Center(ALM) for requirements management, planning, scheduling, and running tests and defect tracking and managed the defects and executed the test cases.
- Creating new test scripts, Capturing new GUI’s for window validation during QTP scripts execution
- Extensively worked with backend DB log tables and created SQL scripts for Back-end and Front-endTesting and Using standard SQL functions and commands.
- Using Keynote for analyzed the response times of the business transactions under load. Developed reports and graphs to present the load test and stress test results to the management.
- communicated requirements traceability matrix and tracked requirements status throughout the project.
- closely worked with developers to ensure proper implementation of tests.
- wrote and maintained requirement and test documentation as per high level testing standards, attended review meetings andquality control board meeting for continuous improvement of software quality.
- Conducted End-to-End verification for the entire application.
- Responsible for developing Test plan based on Functional Specification and Technical Specs Of the application.
- Working as a team member in requirements mapping and preparing a Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Using SharePoint project management portal for maintaining documentations.
- MANAGING RESOURCE ALLOCATION, REVIEWED WEEKLY TESTERS' STATUS REPORTS THROUGH AGILE PROCESS AND SCRUM CALLS.
- Coordinate project with off shore model (India)
Description: This project involves testing of Earthlink collective XML collective account management APIs that are used by the company’s internal billing system.
- Creating and maintaining test plans, manually execute test outlines, review functional specifications from R&D as well as from any product user documentation.
- Created Automation scenarios for regression testing using the manual test case flows.
- Work as a team with QA team members and developers to clarify/understand functionality of various aspects of these on-demand applications.
- Responsible for reporting, researching & debugging problems found as a result of the regression testing of APIs.
- Modified and Developed Automation Scripts and Smoke Test Automation scripts using QTP
- Develop and implement QA processes, test plans and test cases.
- Perform System, Integration, Regression and Sanity level testing.
- Used Windows debugging tools for evaluating C++ code for error handling
- Responsible for all aspects of the testing process i.e. planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and bug reporting using PVCS Tracker.
- Provide status update reports to the management after each testing cycle.
- Mentored an off shore team of four members
Xmlc API testing and automation scripting through Perl in UNIX environment, PVCS Tracker, Testing of Earthlink’s mission critical applications like Midas, Spritle, speed racer, SR2, Racerx, Biz Metrics involving BO and Peoplesoft CRM Vantive in Windows XP environment
Automation Test Engineer
Software QA Tester
- In 3-week iterations, analyze Agile user stories and acceptance criteria then create and execute test cases for manual and automation testing on GUIs, data tables and web services as part of transition from current marketing app to Salesforce and from legacy life and preneed systems to Inspro
- Developing fully automated regression test suite in HP UFT for Inspro life and preneed products.
- Creating macros in Excel using Visual Basic for automated testing of various life insurance and preneed policy values, including premium rates, cash values, nonforfeiture options, loans and early pay offs
- Participate in daily scrums with developers, project manager, business systems analysts, business leads, release engineer and configuration engineer
- Validate and track test results, prioritize defect resolution, and secure business signoff
- Perform defect management amongst team and vendor, submitting defects, tracking fixes, retesting in test regions, coordinating approved fixes into releases and hot fixes as needed
- Confirm iterative test cases and test sets provide adequate coverage of all user stories and features
- Test cloud-based web-enabled video hosting and editing application (competes with YouTube)
- Analyzed business requirements. Suggest many improvements to the product features.
- Developed test cases for functional and regression testing of the application
- Tested many functional modules and product features in Agile environment
- Validated Integration of the application with social networking web sites such as Facebook & Twitter
- Validated application’s GUI for compliance with Usability guidelines published by US Department of Health and Human Services and Industry standards widely accepted in photo sharing and social networking domains
- Participated in cross-browser (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 7, MAC OS X) testing in virtual machine (VMware) environment
- Conducted regression and release acceptance testing for all the major and transitional releases
- Participated in usability testing of the application and workflow involving multiple functional modules and features.
- Executed ad hoc and structured test procedures at all the stages of software development life cycle.
- Analyzed software failures, made them reproducible, reported bugs via Bugzilla application.
- Researched software anomalies and defects to minimize number of steps to reproduce the problem.
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings and discussions.
- Provided installation and configuration of the Virtual Machines, Operating Systems, Browsers, etc.
- The application was designed to provide greater efficiency to all aspects of customer services like Billing, Payments, Credit card payments, Debit Card payments, financial analysis and premium accounting. This system contains 8 Modules, which include Order, Account Receivables, and Account Payables, Purchase management system, Billing, Auditing, Credit Card online Transactions, Debit Card Online Transactions, Cash value and Estimates.
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Involved in decision making of converting manual test cases into automated test scripts and analyzing their life time and time required to update the scripts.
- Written smoke test cases in Quality Center and modified them when they are automated.
- Involved in environment requirement gathering meetings and giving inputs to the environment teams.
- Manually tested the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web application using XML web services.
- UAT testing performed along with call center managers to make sure that application meets their requirements.
- Used Quality Center/Test Director for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Automation of test scripts was done using QTP for test re-usability of different online transaction modules.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using Test Director.
- Generated Performance strategy, reports, Benchmarking, Analysis and Tuning of the System.
- Performed generation and maintenance of test plans, test cases as well as development of framework for QTP test automation as a part of integrated solution of Quality Center.
- Regular interaction with developers, business analyst and Logic Unit Workgroup.
- Prepared documentation for all stages according to company standards.
- Extensively involved in the automation of Regression Test Cases by scripting.
- Performed Data driven testing, Correlation and check point in the scripts.
- Created Data Driven Testing for positive and negative scenarios, by creating and storing data sets in MS Access.
- Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases using TOAD.
- Wrote and modified required UNIX scripts and other SQL validation scripts and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs analyzed test results and creating performance evaluation reports.
- Involved in functional and regression testing of the web-application using the VO extension and tested the software using different browsers to study the browser compatibility.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports keeping track of the status and progress of the testing effort.