Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer with 8 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility, emphasizing skills in Software Development Life Cycle of Software Engineering, i.e. systems design, analysis and development, testing, documenting and implementation of Oracle based systems using Oracle, Oracle E-Business Suite of applications, and Oracle Developer tools (Forms 6i, Reports 6i), PL/SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader and External Tables.
- Currently working in large Oracle database environments of approximately 1-4 Terabytes.
- Extensively involved in writing SQL queries (Sub queries and Join conditions), PL/SQL programming and Query Level Performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on Collections, Bulk Collects, Analytical Functions, Pipelined Table Functions, and External Tables.
- Excellent in writing Shell Scripts using (Sh, Ksh) for database transactions and batch processing.
- Moderate level experience with Perl scripting.
- Knowledge in using Oracle Developer Suite for Forms development.
- Experience in migrations and conversion projects.
- Generated DDL scripts for creation of new database objects like tables, views, Materialized Views, sequences, functions, synonyms, indexes, Triggers, Packages, Stored procedures, roles and granting privileges.
- Tuning of SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, and Oracle Hints to improve the performance.
- Proficient in Oracle tools such TOAD, SQL Navigator and PL/SQL Developer.
- Worked on AutoSys, Cron for Automated job scheduling.
- Experienced in providing quality operational Support for Production Environments.
Sr Oracle PL/SQL Developer -ITunes/Right Notes Support
- In this project responsible for writing Complex static and Materialized views for the Client side new UI Screens
- Responsible for extracting the inactive data out from production databases to Archival Database to improve the overall response time of the database using oracle DATAPUMP API's.
- Suggested and implemented New Features in oracle 11g Like Pipelined functions, Result Cache in to Database queries to improve performance.
- Responsible for adhoc maintenance requests related to Database issues
Environment: Oracle 11g, IBM AIX,SQL Developer, SVN, JAVA, J2EE, JBOSS 7, AJAX, JQUERY, Web Services
- DW Warehouse Maintenance and Support And followed Agile development methodologies in delivering the Deliverables
- Responsible For Supporting Existing Legacy Code and worked on daily maintenance requests.
- Re-wrote Several Existing Batch procedures to make them Restartable at the point where it left off.
- Highly worked on Partitioned tables, Partitioned indexes (local, Global), Partition Exchange and responsible for maintaining daily, weekly and monthly incremental loads to the data warehouse.
- Responsible for Maintaining/Modifying/Writing Several Materialized Views for Reporting and Data Replication needs.
- Wrote several Batch scripts using Korn shell to automate several ad-hoc report requests from business users.
- Wrote Several Scripts to Store,Retreive and Modify BLOBS/CLOBS Data(Like XML,Gifs)
- Good Understanding and implemented 11g Partition Techniques like Interval partitioning and REF partitioning.
- Wrote utilities to maintain Partition tables in various schema's and also responsible for gathering stats on need basis.
- Working knowledge of new 11G Oracle supplied packages like DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE to process data in smaller chunks and process data chunks in PARALLEL.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 11g SQL and PL/SQL new features.
- Good Experience in creating and modifying autosys JIL Commands (Standlone and Box jobs)
- Wrote, modified and maintained the existing SQL scripts and Shell Scripts for Ad-hoc Report requests.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle Exadata, Mod_PLSQL, PL/SQL, HTML, Sun Solaris, Shell Scripting, Autosys, Ultra edit, SQL Developer, SCM (Formerly Harvest), Clarity
PL/SQL Solution Developer - GM CRM Marketing Services
Extracts for Actionable Consumer Intelligence (ACI)
The Actionable Consumer Intelligence (ACI) initiative will be developed and managed by IBM. To feed ACI, Acxiom will extract customer, product and service information across multiple lines of business and contact data from different media channels that exist today in the CRM Data Warehouse. Several extracts will be produced on a weekly basis and delivered via CMS Secure FTP. For each extract, Acxiom will initially deliver a full historical load, with subsequent ongoing delta files. The data requirements for this initiative are the result of a collaborative effort among Acxiom, GM, and IBM.
- Wrote Several SQL scripts to populate data in to the various staging tables from various data warehouse tables.
- Demonstrated experience using Oracle collections, bulk techniques, partitioned tables, rank, dense rank, and row number and several Analytical functions.
- Developed test plans and performed unit tests on developed code.
- Worked with Business Analyst's to understand the BRD's and ISA's to write the LLD (Low Level design document) based on the HLD (high level design Document).
- Worked with testing team in defect resolution.
- Modified and maintained the existing SQL scripts and Shell Scripts.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Linux, PL/SQL developer, Shell Scripting, PVCS, Animate, Quality Center, Ultra Edit, Putty, Ws_Ftp, WebEx, Excel
Settlement Rewrite/Global Bins
The Settlement system currently in use at RBS World pay is located on a Microsoft SQL Server system. In an effort to improve security and decrease processing time, the entire application is being rewritten into an Oracle database.
- Developed and Maintained several stored procedures and complex packages extensively using PL/SQL and shell programs.
- Created programming code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections, Analytical, Pipelined functions and Dynamic SQL.
- Extensively Worked with External Tables to load the flat file data.
- Used INSERT FIRST, ALL, MERGE, BULK Insert for file loading.
- Created ERR$ tables using DBMS_ERRLOG.create_error_log.
- Used DML error logging (ERR$ tables) for exception record handling.
- Wrote heavy stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from various fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Used Weak and Strong Ref cursors to output the data from procedures.
- Worked on Large tables having 2M rows.
- Analyzed the execution plan and the statistics of the optimizer and passed the hints and placed the indexes wherever necessary.
- Performed SQL tuning on several of the procedures to improve efficiency and performance Using Hints/Explain Plan/DBMS_PROFILER.
- Created, handled and maintained the SQL Scripts and RDFs according to the changes in the business requirements.
- Extensively worked on scheduling Reports based on DBMS_SCHEDULER.
- Involved in testing the system.
- Documented the user guide for the system.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Java,Confidential SQL Server 2005/2008, VSS, Linux, SQL Navigator, Explain Plan, TKPROF, Oracle Reports 10g
- Developed Stored Procedures, Common routines, Generic Stored functions based on application need.
- Maintained the system, wrote scripts in PL/SQL to monitor batch processing to get early warnings in case of wrong data processing.
- Developed complex queries to retrieve the data using analytical functions.
- Used PL/SQL to validate data and to populate billing tables.
- Used pipelined functions for faster data accessibility.
- Used advanced Bulk Techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Converted Java batch jobs into PL/SQL Stored procedures.
- Using Perl script, parsed the XML file which is then used by Java.
- Developed Database Triggers for audit and validation purpose.
- Created Control Files and used SQL* Loader to upload bulk data loads into database tables from external data files.
- Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Involved in the Debugging and Error Handling.
- Managed performance and tuning of SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production with utilities like Explain, Trace.
- Responsible for Deploying changes to production and non-production environments.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Windows 2003, UNIX Shell Scripting, Clear Case, UNIX Cron, Solaris, TOAD, Explain Plan, TKPROF, SQL Profiler, SQL*Loader, SSH Client, Perl, JAVA, EXCEL, Erwin,Confidential Visio
- Capacity Creation Process (CCP) used to Create All Central office expenditures, Osp expenditures, ccr approval, Estimate Approval, Teo approval, Status Tracking for Teo, Time Reporting.
- Central Engineering Property (COEP) is system that takes care of inventory management of all central office equipment for Verizon; it also includes 5 subsystems (PTS, IVS, COEA, and PIMS).
- Plug-in Control System (PICSNET).
- Web-based application for processing orders for plug-ins in COEP.
- Order placing and Order tracking system.
- Participated in several KT sessions with Verizon team to understand the applications.
- Loaded the data extracts that we receive from Verizon in to the Fairpoint environment.
- Reverse engg several PL/SQL Procedures, Packages, Triggers and documented the functionalities of these database objects.
- Extensively involved in PL/SQL development activities.
- Involved with Transact SQL (T-SQL) Coding, writing queries, cursors, functions, views, and triggers.
- Performed DTS for data transfer from Oracle and text file to SQL Server 2000.
- Created TSQL scripts to process summary database transactions inConfidential SQL server 2000 databases.
- Developed and maintained Stored Procedures and Database Triggers.
- Wrote/Modified Several Batch process to automate several process in Fairpoint environment.
- Supported the Batch processing and Revisions to Batch processing schedules as needed.
- Involved in Performance Tuning to record Query/Procedure execution Frequency and Execution Plans, rewriting SQL to reduce IO and CPU Cost and assuring index Optimization.
- Provided detailed reports on object counts and objects mismatch in several schemas after loading the data extracts.
- Very Strong in identifying and resolving issues in appropriate time.
- Working Knowledge of Partioning, Materialized Views, Bitmap Indexes and Parallel Execution.
- Worked as part of a team and provided 24x7 support when required.
- Involved in Technical Documentation, Unit test, Integration test and writing the Test plan.
Environment: Oracle 10g,Confidential SQL Server 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Perl, UNIX Shell Scripting,Confidential SQL, Clear Case, UNIX Cron, HP UNIX, TOAD, Explain Plan, Perl, SQL*Loader, JAVA
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links.
- Loaded Legacy Journals data into GL_INTERFACE table using SQL*LOADER and run Journal Import in to GL_JE_BATCHES, GL_JE_HEADERS and GL_JE_LINES tables and Integrated in Oracle Applications.
- Migration of data from People Soft legacy systems to 11i of Oracle Applications using and External Tables, FNDLOADER ,PL/SQL processes.
- Created reports using Foundation tables and views and custom views.
- Designed and implemented customized Responsibilities, Menus, Functions to map different roles required for the organization, to satisfy SOX requirements.
- Prepared Shell scripts for deploying and backout the change requests as part of Methodology.
- Prepared Training material for Service Contracts, Order Management Using UPK/TUTOR.
Environment: IBM AIX, Oracle Applications Rel.11i (11.5.9), Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripts, FNDLOADER, SQL*LOADER, UPK, Tutor, Oracle Reports 9i
- Developed Oracle based (SQL and PL/SQL) programs for the creation of ad-hoc queries/reports, including requirements gathering, design, coding and unit testing.
- These ad-hoc queries/reports will run against the Partners and FIS databases.
- Provided Support for existing applications (like Partners, Namis, FIS), included in this were troubleshooting of Oracle tickets raised by the business user's.
- Monitored the log files from the previous night's cycle and need to reconcile any data discrepancies between this system and other systems where we collect data.
- Performed analysis on application, and infrastructure to determine point of failure or root cause of the problems.
- Wrote SQL, PLSQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data from the Data repository using Cursors, Ref Cursors and Exception Handling.
- Created several database Triggers which will create before and after images to log changes and these images are used to keep the Oracle and Sybase database in sync.
- Involved in Performance Tuning and monitoring.
- Experienced in creating and executing test plans, cases, and scripts.
- Troubleshot production problems and working effectively with other team members to identify and address problems.
- Executed Multi load scripts for daily batch jobs which were wrote in Perl.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts for scheduling workflows by using the pmcmd.
- Extensively worked with the QA team to get the system and integration testing done successfully.
- Carried out Unit and Integration testing.
- Experienced with TOAD and SQL Navigator and also experienced with version manager tools like Clear Case.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Sybase, Shell scripts(Ksh), SQL*LOADER, TOAD, PL/SQL, SQL, Discoverer Reports, IBM AIX, Mainframe (TSO utility), Sync Sort, Maestro, VB Com Objects, MQ Series, Informatica Power center 7.1.2, TOAD
Merck And Co., Inc.
, WestPoint,Confidential (May 2006 to December 2006)
Oracle PL/SQL Application Support
- Confirmed the flow of NWAES data via NWAES replication processes.
- Proactively Monitoring the Nwaes Functions on daily basis for errors, replication errors and System performance.
- Monitored the data replication at transaction level by examining the transaction error report on daily basis, when necessary the failed transactions will be addressed by datafixes, which were SQL, PL/SQL scripts external to the Nwaes application.
- Done Code Changes to the existing PL/SQL API's, Shell scripts, Monitoring Scripts to meet the business requirements or system changes necessitate.
- Worked on coding/Modifying backend stored procedures for minor enhancements on Sybase Database and ensure that all these objects are in valid state to avoid Replication Errors
- Validating the new components of application by creating test data, prior to being placed in production.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various Snapshots and Materialized views for remote instances.
- Responsible for data extraction and data cleansing from databases external to the company
- Extensively used Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder 6.5 as a data source for data windows (incident tracking system).
- Created email tasks using the Shell Scripts(ksh) for reporting the status to entire group.
- Extensively worked on Unit test specifications for the changes done to the existing components.
- Expertise in working with Procedures, Packages, Cursors, Triggers, Database Link, Snapshot, Tables, Constraints, Views, Indexes, Sequences.
- Produced scripts to cleanse source data, ETL(Extraction, Transformation, and Load) data with business rules and built re-usable mappings.
- Coordinated with integration testing team, Database administration teams as needed for issue resolution.
- Resolution also includes reporting issues to NWAES and Support management within the workday, and to the NWAES project staff at weekly team meetings.
Oracle 9i, Sybase 11.x, Shell scripts, Perl, SQL*LOADER, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL, SQL/ XML, HP UNIX, Centura/Gupta, Citrix, Clear Case (code management tool), Java, Pro*c,