Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance with expertise in Data warehousing and database testing
- Strong understanding of Information Technology, process to develop web based & Client based (Internet & Intranet) applications.
- Expert in using the RUP, Agile/Scrum and Waterfall testing lifecycle Methodologies
- Experienced in developing, Reviewing, and Executing Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases/Script
- Experience in manual testing process and in creating automation environment using Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Director, and Quality Center.
- Expertise in test strategy design based on the various types of testing including unit, integration, function, system, usability (UI), End to End, security, load, stress, capacity and performance testing.
- Excellent in performing with in manual testing with the focus on Black Box testing, White Box testing smoke testing, system integration, regression, acceptance and usability testing of web applications.
- Expertise in creating the test suite to perform regression testing across various releases and builds.
- Maintain the test environments (e.g., data loads, database backups, restarting the servers, requesting deployments, troubleshooting issues).
- Interact with clients for Quality discussions and responsible for the QA deliverables.
- Expertise in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project, Project, & Visio)
- Proficient in SQL query and testing RDBMS such as Oracle, MySql, SQL Server for data validation.
- Proficient in using SQL Queries using TOAD & SQL Plus to ensure data consistency of front-end and raw feed by developing and executed complex SQL queries for data base.
- Strong experience in testing ETL applications and BI reports.
- Strong testing experience in UNIX platform.
- Expert in reviewing/reporting, tracking, & maintaining Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, Clear QUEST, Bugzilla, and Email (outlook)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies very quickly
QA HIGH Level experienceD summrAy
- Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows (NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista), Macintosh, MS-DOS
- Programming languages: SQL, PL/SQL
- Database systems: Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata
- Defect-tracking software: HP Quality Center, TFS, JIRA
- Tools and Utilities: Toad, SQL Navigator, Teradata SQL Assistant
- ETL Tools: Informatica, DataStage, AbInitio
- BI Tools: Business Objectgs, Cognos
professional qa experience
- Business Requirement Gap Analysis, Customer Experience, Change Control, Impact & Risk Analysis, Project Planning (LOE).
- Documentation: QA Test Plan/Test Cases, Test result, Defect report, Local Procedure.
- Testing Methodology/Testing Strategy,SDLC,STLC,Regression, performance,etc
- Testing Matrix/Test Data Set Up, Testing Strategy
- Test Execution/Defect Analysis/Tracking (Quality Center)
- QA Management, Process Improvement, Key Learning Session
- Expert in basic UNIX Utilities (AWK,GREP,SED,VI Editor)
- Data Validation (SQL Script) in both Front End/Back End Testing
- Testing: Front End/Back End, Real-Time/Batch Process
- Internal Team, User and Business Interaction, Management Skill
- Agile Methodology, Waterfall Methodology
- System, SIT ,UAT,E2E,Sanity,Pilot,Adhoc,Security, Object, Boundary, Smoke Testing
- Prepared the test plan, test strategy and test case documents with the help of BRD, FRS, HLD, LLD and other supporting documents.
- Attended walkthrough meetings with the Business Analysts and DEV team to get a clear understanding of the business and the applications being used in house.
- Developed and Designed Test Cases based on the Business Rules and Mapping Documents.
- Validated the source data coming from various databases using complex SQL queries.
- Aggregated the data at source and compared with the Target to validate Transformations.
- Prepared Traceability Matrices to track the requirements with the test cases and make sure none of them have been missed.
- Logged defects using HP Quality Center 10, linked defects with requirements and generated Defect Reports in QC.
- Participated in change review meetings and suggested on the testability of the CRs.
- Worked with other members of the QA and Development teams and managed efforts with offshore team in improving the processes, methods, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Attended daily status call with Offshore to review assigned tasks and solve any impediments.
- Used Oracle SQL developer tools for Querying source Database.
- System was implemented using Informatica and the Warehouse in Teradata. Fast-Load, MultiLoad, BTEQ & Fast-Export were the Teradata utilities used
- Performed Report Testing using Crystal Reports by writing SQL queries to validate the data on the report and compare with the DWH data.
- Participated in walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Documented and reported various bugs during the Testing process.
- Written SQL Queries to define identify and validate the code written for the data movement into the database tables, fine tuned the queries for better performance.
- Retesting the resolved defects/issues after the developers fix the defects.
- Involved in preparing test data/ Test script for UAT and participated in UAT signoff
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA manager, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
MVS, Informatica 9.0, Oracle 10g, AutoSys, Teradata V2R5 Teradata SQL Assistant, PL/SQL, TOAD 8.0, SQL, UNIX, Quality Center 10.0, Crystal Reports 12.0
Senior QA Analyst
- Interacted with System Analyst to analyze business requirements, Gap Analysis, E2E flow of application and involved in impact analysis for changes business rules.
- Designed and developed QA Test Plan/Test Cases using Testing methodology with all possible Use Case to cover all testable function in Positive & Negative Testing.
- Provided Test metrics on the results of system testing activities; coordinated and collaborated with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure system development and implementation plans meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirmed and prioritized project plans and deliverables per customer requirements and deadlines; and stayed current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies related to software testing.
- Helped drive automation innovation (participated in testing tool analysis and/or reviews, assisted and/or trained other manual testers in automation, implemented recommendation to improve test automation).
- Developed SQL Script (Developed complicated SQL Script in Toad) to validate data, automated UNIX based process.
- Set up Test Environment including refresh database from production, maintained test environment with upcoming release.
- Involved in key learning process after each release to implement process in future as a part of QA Process Management.
- Assisted in continually improving our software development process and the development environment.
- Interacted with team to resolve daily issues in installation, code delivery, documentation, and defects.
- Involved in testing of multiple applications with QA, SIT and UAT testing by documenting, reviewing, resolving defects, follow up with interface sign-off.
- Supported Change Control by reviewing impact of all modules planned all release schedules, back out plan.
- Supported production support team in production Trouble Ticket to analyze root cause of problems and resolved with team.
- Involved in production support testing assisted team in staging testing, support in change control request.
- Involved in different major and minor release testing by updating test plan with testing methodology, reviewed test results and analyzed defects and resolved with team.
- Expertise with testing Quality Center and Toad for defect tracking and database use.
- Strong Project Management skills like Test planning with LOE, test estimation and resource plans, Set up test environment.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to fine details.
: Informatica Power Center 6.1 , XML, XSD, SQL Developer, Oracle 8i, Cognos Series, MS Excel, Flat Files
Senior QA Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements and understood customer and developed QA/SIT Test Plan using Testing Methodology.
- Demonstrated QA Test Plan with cross-functional team to approve business logic and baseline documents.
- Participated in unit testing and verified entrance criteria of QA and set up configuration data with developer and updated release notes.
- Performed sanity testing using post installation check using release notes and identified installation or code initial problems.
- Communicated with Project Management to establish LOE of each phase of SDLC and prioritized QA task.
- Developed SQL Script to validate Data Transaction in Front End Testing. Developed complicated and execute via Toad and saved Test Result.
- Worked with peers in development and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Performed functional testing by deployment request, sanity testing, prioritized QA Test Cases within project plan.
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in a Test Director.
- Performed impact analysis and executed test scenario with Regression Testing.
- Involved in Back End Testing using UNIX Utilities and automated Regression Testing using Korn Qscripting.
- Involved in System Integration testing with external &internal interface team and performed E2E
- Assisted business & marketing team in execution of UAT by providing data.
- Involved in System Integration Testing with external/Internal interface and understood overall customer business functionalities.
- Shared technical information with team and involved in production testing with critical production problem.
- Interacted with upper management to provide daily QA status, discussed outstanding issue and upcoming project functionalities.
Environment:: QC, Informatica Powercenter 8.6.1, Control m, Buisness Objects, XML, SSIS, Oracle 10g, Oracle SQL Developer 3.2.2 , DB2,UNIX
- Interacted with Business Team, Business Requirement Gaps Analysis, Customer Experience and Impact Analysis of application.
- Contributed to and monitored test planning, test preparation and scripting, and test execution according to define best practices, standards and procedures.
- Interfaced regularly with peers and management regarding test related topics including the coordination of test related initiatives with QA Test Leads, Project Managers, Development Managers, and other QA Core team members (SDLC Team).
- Participated in all phases of the IT Project Delivery Framework, including review of complex business and functional requirements. (Kick Off meeting, Change Control, etc).
- Assessed risk to quality service based upon results of verification and validation. Monitored adherence to established test standards and procedures. Standardized QA Process using Testing Methodology, Process Improvement.
- Expertise in Back End Testing and use of UNIX Utilities like awk, grep, sed, vi, network, process, file level, directory level, etc).
- Provided QA consultation services to support users of related test processes.
- Managed verification and validation activities for production modifications in production enhancement, interact with user, involved in automation of health check of application.
- Maintained document template libraries and internal project documentation like QA Test Plan, Local procedure, QA Test Results, etc.
- Organized and/or facilitates team member training sessions in each new application to implement process.
- Participated in both internal and external process improvement projects like QA, SIT, UAT Testing with business & Marketing and External Vendors team.
- Knowledge of relational databases like Oracle Database 11g to validate data testing in back end using complicated SQL script using Oracle functions.
:Quality center ALM 11, Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.0.1, Cognos 10.1, oracle 11g/10g,flat files, Windows 2000, DB2,Autosys,Sql sevrver 2008,Oracle sql developer,Unix.
- Tested all phases of ETL testing including Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Tested various Drill down reports and Alerts. Business Intelligence reports using Web Intelligence module.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- Used and altered UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Tested test scenarios that were used to validate the ETL movement
- Written complex SQL queries for validating the transformation rules for ETL mappings.
- Tested Korn Shell scripts and cron jobs to refresh the load on weekly basis.
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects.
- Tested reports for various portfolios using universe as the main data provider.
- Tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Formulae etc.
- Tested graphical representation of reports such as Bar charts, Pie charts as per End user requirements.
- Tested Desktop Intelligence and Web Intelligence reports.
Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica 7.x, Stored Procedures, XML, XSD, Unix Shell Scripting, Teradata V2R5, SQL Assistant 6.0, QTP9.2, Business Objects 6.5.