Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
- 7 + years of IT Experience as Oracle Developer for System Analysis, Designing, Testing Development & Support of Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g & 11g in Production, Staging, Development environments.
- Experience in financial, retail and telecom domain.
- Expert in creating SQL Queries, PL/SQL package, function, stored procedure, triggers, and cursors.
- Created database objects like tables, views, sequences, synonyms, indexes using Oracle tools like SQL*Plus , SQL Developer and Toad.
- Enforced data integrity using integrity constraint and database triggers.
- Proficient in advance features of Oracle 11g for PL/SQL programming like Using Records and Collections, Bulk Bind, Ref. Cursors, Nested tables and Dynamic SQL.
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL tuning and query optimization tools like SQL Trace, Explain Plan, and DBMS_PROFILER.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle utilities like SQL*Loader, Export/Import and data pump utilities like EXPDP/IMPDP.
- Extensively used package like DBMS_STATS, UTL_FILE, DBMS_SCHEDULER and UTL_SMTP.
- Strong knowledge with PL/SQL Wrapper to protect the PL/SQL procedures or packages. Extensively used Cubes & Rollups for making cross tabular reports.
Strong knowledge of Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Dimension and Fact table.
- Expertise in handling errors using Exceptions.
- Making structural changes to the database objects.
- Transferred data using data transfer tools like FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SFTP (Smart FTP).
- Exposure & knowledge of designing logical & physical Data Model in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experience in working high-transacted OLTP systems.
- Extensive experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, Resource Planning, code development, testing, implementing and maintenance.
- Documentation of projects for Functional Requirement Spec (FRS), Use case Spec, ER-Diagram, Test Plan, and Test Script & Test Cases.
- Have worked in fast paced AGILE environment & attended daily scrum meeting.
- Assisted QA Teams for bug testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & System Integration Testing.
- Highly motivated, excellent team player, enthusiastic, strong initiative and quick learner of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with customers.
||11g/10g/9i Database Enterprise Edition, Oracle 10g/9i Application Server
||Developer Suite 10g/9i/2000, SQL * Loader, SQL * Plus, FORMS Builder 6i, REPORTS Builder 6i, XML ,Oracle XE 10g/11g
||ORACLE PL/SQL 10g/9i/8.0, UNIX K-Shell Scripting, C,C++, JAVA, J2EE, Servlets, Java Script, Visual Basic, COBOL
||Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access 2000/2002, MS-SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0/6.5
|Third Party Tools
||PL/SQL Developer, TOAD 8.6/7.5/7.0, Putty, Workflows , ERWin
||Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX (SunOS 5.7, Solaris 8, HP-UX), Redhat Linux 3.0/4.0
||XML, HTML, SVN, Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS), IBM Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest, Caliber, CVS, Eclipse, Quality Center, Dimensions
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Dev
Confidential Communications Inc. branded as Confidential broadband and Tele communications Company and a corporate component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The application we worked on provides the web-based interface for credit card implementation for its corporate customers. E-statement server provides the facility for the clients to view their Statements, transaction history, merchant details, and disputes. It also provides the facility to inquire about the transactions. Card management modules allow maintaining the accounts i.e. creating new accounts, modifying the existing accounts etc.
- Participated in Designing databases (schemas) to ensure that the relationship between data is guided by tightly bound Key constraints.
- Involved in Business Requirements, System analysis and Design of the Data warehouse application.
- Data Analysis primarily Identifying Data Sets, Source Data, Source Meta Data, Data Definitions and Data Formats.
- Designed Physical and Logical Data model and Data flow diagrams.
- Involved in the creation of database objects like Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, DB triggers, Indexes.
- Worked on various tables to create Indexes to improve query performance. Also worked on partitioning large Tables using Range Partitioning, creating Index Organized Table, Rollback Tablespace.
- Involved in writing several Queries and Procedures.
- Built database objects like Tables and Views.
- Involved in the Database Design (Relational and Dimensional models) using ERwin.
- Defined both logical views and physical data structure using ERwin.
- Converted all Oracle ETL Packages to Informatica Mappings and created workflows/Sessions.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using various Transformations and PL/SQL Packages to extract, transformation and loading of data.
- Filtered and Loaded data from different formats of data sources into Database Tables.
- Extracted required data from the database tables and exported the data to different sources in different formats.
- Worked with several tools to access and perform several operations on database.
Experience in Generating Reports.
- Developed Data entry, query and reports request screens and tuned the SQL queries.
Used joins, indexes effectively in where clauses for Query optimization.
- Assisted in gathering requirements by performing system analysis of the requirements with the technology teams.
Environment: Toad, SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, Informatica 8.5, ERwin, Windows XP, UNIX.
- Role: Oracle PL/SQL Dev
Confidential financial services
company is one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the world, focusing on domestic property and casualty insurance, life insurance and retirement savings, asset management, and strategic investments. We combine our wealth management, investment banking and asset management businesses with our Swiss operations to deliver superior financial solutions.
- Involved in SDLC gathering requirements from end users.
Developed views to facilitate easy interface implementation and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Written Stored Procedures using PL/SQL and functions and procedure for common utilities.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, indexes, synonyms, triggers, functions, procedures, cursors and packages.
- Created programming code using advanced concepts of Records, Collections, and Dynamic SQL.
- Developed Database Triggers for audit and validation purpose. Used pipelined functions for faster data accessibility.
- Writing validation packages using PL/SQL package.
- Used PL/SQL to validate data and to populate billing tables.
- Used advanced Bulk techniques (FOR ALL, BULK COLLECT) to improve performance.
- Developed Installation scripts for all the deliverables.
- Performed functional testing for the procedures and packages.
- Created and manipulated stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using TOAD.
- Wrote heavy stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Involved in migrating database from oracle 9i to 10g database.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, Caliber, CVS, Eclipse, Quality Center, Dimensions, Windows 2000 server.
Role: PL/ SQL Dev
Confidential offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wire line communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government usersConfidential widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies. I was involved maintaining database, Handling Performance Issues, Query Optimization, Locking Issue, creating DTS Package and Documentation.
- Analyzed data to check for Data Integrity and Referential Integrity when loaded to source-staging tables.
- Created tables to capture errors and data that failed Validation Checks.
- Re-validated corrected data from source and re-processed to get them loaded to the oracle target.
- Re-worked on the BAD Files that were generated by SQL Loader.
Used SED and AWK in UNIX Shell scripting to correct the data issues in the SQL-Loader data file.
- Responsible to write scripts which identify the legacy data and the valid data.
- Created Database Objects such as Tables, Views and Synonyms to provide data access to subscribing parties.
- Created/modified various Packages, Stored Procedure & Functions as part of the data validation and cleansing process.
- Pro-actively participated in SQL tuning, Used ANALYZE, DBMS_STATS, EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE and TKPROF.
- Used SQL hints and Indexes as needed to improve SQL performance.
- Designed and Created Database objects and Written PL/SQL PROGRAMMING for data extraction and transformation.
- Wrote UNIX Shell scripts for performing development and DBA activities.
- Tested the ETL process in testing environment and created test cases.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Redhat Linux 2.1/3.0, Windows 2000 server, TOAD, SQL LOADER, ETL, EXPORT, IMPORT.
Role: Oracle Pl/SQL Dev
Confidential is often at the forefront in responding to new trends in the healthcare industry and has built its operations through internal growth, strategic alliances and mergers and acquisitions. Worked with SEDA – SoarianEnterprise Data Architecture – Clinical and Financials.
- Gathered the Requirement from the business user and prepared the program specification and design document for the development of the CEMR Application.
- Completely involved in migrating data to Epic applications in a text file format and transferring the data onto the FTP Server which is accessible to the interface team.
- Involved in analyzing the root cause for the missing data and providing the missing data from the Extracts for Testing.
- Extensively worked in providing updated records of the patients on weekly basis by comparing the with the previously-Exported patients records.
- Involved in keeping track of previously-Exported patients and archived them for future reference purpose.
- Created the PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions applying the business logic to update the patients' database.
- Created custom triggers to automatically populate different tables and also to restrict the data being inserted to the timesheet tables.
- Design and developed the scripts to create table, views, indexes and sequence.
- Created the custom tables to import the Patient's data and insert into the database tables.
- Developed the SQL*Loader scripts to load data into the staging tables from the flat files
- Extensively used DTS package in Migration of the data from the previous timesheet database in SQL Server database to Oracle 10g.
- Extensively involved in tuning the queries and applying hints for faster and better performance of the SQL queries.
- Used Perl Scripting in moving the files faster to the Archive folders.
- Used FTP to transfer the files into different servers as per needed by the business users.
- Involved in preparing BRD, functional document, user document, process flow diagram and flow charts.
- Created the test scripts and complex queries to test the application and to quality assurance of the data.
- Involved in preparing test plans, unit testing, System integration testing, implementation and maintenance.
Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, TOAD 10, FTP, DTS package, MS- Office, UNIX (Putty), Perl Scripts, MS Office, MS Visio.
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Dev
Confidential provides a full range of commercial banking products and services to individuals, corporations, institutions and governments, through its personal financial services. As an Oracle DBA we are responsible for installing, maintaining, tuning, debugging, and performing the daily administration to keep the Bank's databases running smoothly.
- Developing packages, procedures, functions, and triggers for the application.
- Using UNIX environment for performing the testing.
- Performing the tests on the newly coded procedures and documenting the same.
- Writing technical documents using the functional specifications.
- Writing PL/SQL code using the technical and functional specifications.
- Creating Oracle objects like tables, types, packages, procedures and functions.
- Automated sqlldr using shell scripting.
- Automated data fetch using UNIX shell script.
- Optimized the queries to improve the performance of the application.
Environment: Oracle 8.3, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Forms 4.5 & Reports3.0 and Windows 2000 professional, UNIX shell scripting.