Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
- 18 plus years of USA experience in the IT field..
- Worked upon on a decommissioning of Time and Attendance, and Payroll application at Honda at Marysville, OH, the current application is built on Mainframe technology, using COBOL, and DB2 software, Decommission of the project will take the application over to Kronos – who are considered Experts in Time and Attendance, and Payroll Packages. My role in the project is defined to perform extensive analysis, testing, and facilitating implementation of new application,
- Worked upon a project on Mainframe based EDI migration project at Whirlpool, the project took whole Whirlpool EDI application & outsourced to Sterling IBM. The project required extensive analysis, testing to implement new application. Analysis required confirmation of data elements that was needed to be mapped between the EDI transactions and the associated IDOCS & identifying the EDI conventions which are supported in the SAP.
- Got expertise in all phases of the systems development life cycle in Mainframe Environments, and Technical strengths are the ability to work in a legacy applications environment. Having very good experience in the Manufacturing, Insurance, Government and financial solutions industries, have produced superior results in systems that require the strongest analysis, design, programming, and user contact skills in third and fourth generation languages, database, and production control arenas.
Insurance, Finance, Education, Steel manufacturing, heavy Appliances Manufacturing, Retail, Warehousing, Government,& Banking
Warehousing, Material handling, Transportation Steel product manufacturing, Home Appliances manufacturing, Accounting, Insurance Claim, Banking, Managing life Insurance policies, Electronic Data Interchange(EDI).Human Resources,
Water fall, Agile, Application Management Methodology (AMM), Productivity Management
Application Development Tools:
TSO, ISPF, ICCF,
CAS, GENTRAN FOR EDI
Databases / DB Tools:
IDMS, DB2, IMS, WDI, QMF, ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN
Microsoft Office, Visio,
IBM PC, IBM 3090, IBM ES 9000 OS-390
Methodologies / Techniques:
Water fall, Agile, Application Management Methodology (AMM), Productivity Management
Network Software / Communications:
MQ SERIES, FTP, VAN, GXS, TCP/IP
Windows 7, MVS, TSO/ISPF, DOS/VM, / VSE, Z/OS
COBOL, COBOL-II, MICRO FOCUS COBOL, JCL, CICS, FOCUS
Utilities / Command Languages:
MF UTILITIES, IDCAMS: Use access method services for catalogs, IEBCOPY utility: Copy libraries, IEFBR14
WEBSHERE DATA INTERCHANGE, EDI MAPPING
Sr. Mainframe Developer
Confidential has initiated North America Time and Confidential project to upgrade their existing Time & Attendance and Payroll systems. The time and attendance system is used to record associate’s work hours at manufacturing plants HAM (MAP, ELP and AEP), EGA, HMA, HPPG and HMIN in the United States. The payroll system is used to calculate Payroll for all Honda associates and Japanese employees.
- Involved in decommissioning project for Honda Motors, Which includes
- Reverse Engineering of Time and Attendance, and Payroll applications. The current applications are built on COBOL, DB2 Plate form, have a several interfaces with other application, inside and Outside Honda.
- Worked very closely with the Business, & collected useful information for the Current Application, & Execution for human Resources Application in Specific, Time & Labor
Application is written on DB2, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, MVS, SQL Other than that following tools are being used to support application – FILE MANAGER, ABENDAID, FILEAID, RLOAD, SPUFI, QMF, CA-7, CA-VIEW, CA-ENDEVOR, MQSERIES, DB2 STORED PROCEDURE, FTP, Z/OS, & TCP/IP.
Senior Mainframe Analyst -
Job function Includes:
- During six years of stay at Whirlpool
worked upon several applications, Mainly EDI, Whirlpool
Manufacturing Application, and Credit Memo system.
Worked for 3 years on the EDI project
- EDI migration Project, which took whole EDI application migrated and outsourced IBM, it involves extensive analysis, testing, and facilitating implementation of new application
- Before Migration project started, being a application owner, supported
- 24X7 EDI application for Whirlpool.
- Designed, tested, and implemented EDI maps in order to migrate data processing from mainframe.
- Controlled all file transfer with all clients, including all
inbound/outbound data exchanges, management of layouts and data dictionaries, and all financial files.
- Lead all integration initiatives, and provide guidance during all stages of the life cycle of a project.
Tailored methodologies and handle issues to customer’s needs
- Maintain and developed / GENTRAN / WDI for Mainframe Trading Partners and transaction maps.
- Communicated with the VAN (Value Added Network) to ensure constant communications.
- Worked closely with the SAP team to develop EDI to SAP maps (Inbound outbound).
- Automation of new client file exchanges, including data washes, file exports, and reporting.
- Increased productivity through implementation of custom
programming solutions aimed at reducing time spent running manual processes, troubleshooting, and error resolution.
Successful automation of file uploads/downloads across various
network types using multiple file exchange methods.
- Lead documentation initiatives to ensure all electronic exchanges and processes were documented in full
- Offer suggestions on the streamlining of processes through automation, custom programmatic solutions, and training in necessary areas to more successfully fulfill EDI role.
Created and maintain a wide variety of documentation to use by the EDI and associated departments.
Before start working upon EDI project, worked on the Whirlpool Manufacturing System,
- Using IDOC ,I used to Confirm the data elements that are needed to be mapped between the EDI transactions and the associated IDocs. Using Idocs I used to verify that the transactions are working properly, performed testing, and documented the test results.
- Worked upon the configuration of SAP IDOC to X12 mappings specifically for: 850, 855, 856 820, and 810, type transactions.
- Worked on SAP module of Sales and Distribution, Worked very closely with the Business
- Application is written on DB2, IDMS DB/DC, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, MVS, SQL, EDI, WDI (IBM Websphere) / GENTRAN, TSO/ISPF
- Following tools are being used to support application.
- ABENDAID, FILEAID, RLOAD, SPUFI, QMF, CA-VIEW, CA-ENDEVOR, ,MQSERIES, FTP, FAULT ANALYZER , DB2 STORED PROCEDURE, TWS, & TCP/IP.
which is based on the IDMS, and DB2 Data based system,
- Performed Enhancement, coding, testing, and implementation of changes in the Production System, the period lasted for two and half years . Whirlpool manufacturing system is a very large and complex application , & requires extensive MF experience, and skills.
- Worked upon Credit memo system , which is also a Mainframe application, written in CICS, COBOL, VSAM and DB2 .
- During this period, performed following
- Develop high level design document from the client request.
- Perform design walk through with the client.
- Identified and removed the functionality and its corresponding programs that interact with an old VSAM database which has already been replaced by the DB2 in the listed derivatives application. Fixed Change requests and ad-hoc requests from clients. Performed implementation and fixed post implementation bugs.
Application is written on DB2, IDMS DB/DC, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, MVS Operating system Z/OS, SQL, EDI, WDI (IBM Web sphere, Other than that following tools are being used to support, ABENDAID, FILEAID, RLOAD, SPUFI, FAULT ANALYZER, QMF, CA-7, CA-VIEW, CA-ENDEVOR, MQSERIES, FTP, & TCP/IP.
Sr. Mainframe Developer
- Responsible for application support 24X7 for Third party Accounting application for Supervalu Pharmacy Stores;
- TPA is a Pharmacy accounting application for Supervalu deals in Account receivable and Accounts payable for Supervalu.
- All accounting activities recorded into Pharmacy Stores are sent over to Mainframe Host, and data later is being transferred over to TPA application. The application is used to manage accounts receivables from third party prescription payment plans. The application is critical to Supervalu’s cash flow situation. The application handles high volume, both in terms of the number of transactions which go through the system and the number of dollars cleared after reconciliation process. Each month, 6-10 million transactions go through the system and $250-300 million in receivables are cleared
- Performed development, maintenance and enhancement for the Data Ware Housing Accounting and, Transportation application.
- Provided analysis, Problem resolution, Programming and testing.
- Worked closely with user departments, troubleshooting problems and new or improved applications.
- Learned Data Ware housing, and its connection with Finance connection
: Z/OS, ABENDAID, ALCHEMIST, FILEAID, Lotus Notes Data Base, FILEAID FOR DB2, DB2 STORED PROCEDURE, RLOAD, SPUFI, QMF, CA-PLATINUM, ESP, CA-EASYTRIEVE, SAR, INFOPAC, ALCHEMIST, CA-7, XCOM ,MQSERIES, FTP, & TCP/IP.
Sr. Mainframe Analyst / Programmer
- Maintain and enhance the current IDMS/CICS/COBOL/VSAM/DB2 Mainframe (OS/390) production environment.
- Performing data extracts, from IDMS databases, from VSAM sources, from multiple sources, some based on effective-dated source records.
- Pulled data from VSAM files for Clear data evaluation.
- In addition, aiding in the analysis and design to facilitate the transition of Service Contract Mainframe Systems and interfaces to a new package in a Sun/UNIX/Oracle based environment. As a sole responsible for the Service Contract application, I have a proven track.
- Record in delivering quality, efficient systems within project deadlines and within the Allocated budget.
- Responsible for the production support on 24x7 basis for the Service. Contract application and weekend support for the following applications.
Marketing Batch Application.
Marketing Client Application.
Quality of Service Application.
Warranty Service Application.
- Earlier on the same assignment, engaged in the maintenance and support for the Products application. These applications are legacy applications written using IDMS,DB2,COBOL-II VSAM, and CICS software.
- Learned and gain in depth knowledge for Marketing, and Warranty Applications
COBOL II, CA-7, VSAM, JCL, MVS, IDMS DB/DC, TSO/ISPF, IDMS 14.2, CHANGEMAN, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, CA-PLATINUM, CICS, ABENDAID, FILEAID, Windows NT, VISIO, TEST DIRECTOR, Z/OS, & TCP/IP.
Senior Developer and Support Analyst
- Performed maintenance for a manufacturing steel product processing system with legacy applications on the Mainframe.
- Prepared Functional and Technical specifications for IMS Modules for the legacy systems such as inventories, Scheduling, coil Tracking, shipping, mill order entry, Scheduling, and order status, quality & metallurgical.
- Modified the IMS database records
- Created Technical specifications, coded new programs,
- Modified JCL, Led the testing effort and coordinated loading procedures.
- Evaluated all JCL extracting programs that were being executed.
- Created & made enhancement in number of online programs to meet the new requirement set up by the user, also coded new batch program from scratch with the help of COBOL-II, & IMS data base.
- Conducted extensive program analysis to before making any enhancement in the programs, created test plans for unit, system, and integration testing.
- Learned Manufacturing Process in Steel Industry
COBOL II, VSAM, JCL, MVS, IMS DB/DC, TSO/ISPF, , LIBRARIAN, VSAM, CICS, ABENDAID, FILEAID, XPEDITOR, WINDOWS NT, VISIO, & TCP/IP.
Senior Mainframe Consultant
- Worked on a Family Automated Case Tracking System,
- Responsibilities were to managing and doing program analysis, program modifications, writing batch & online programs from scratch. Prepared JCL, & set up procedures for the job Stream.
- Worked on a project, which helped state in getting rid of duplicate cases of juvenile from the data base. It involved more than 20 COBOL & Focus programs to accomplish the task.
- Used FOCUS application for creating reports from DB2 and IDMS legacy data base applications.
- The project work was greatly appreciated by the Project Manager.
- The application FACTS provides the user with automated docketing, & indexing.
- Case history information, notice, subpoena generation, case Tracking, court Calendaring Scheduling statistical reports, Court Fee processing, & management reports.
- Learned Court Administrative application for the State of New Jersey
COBOL II, VSAM, JCL, MVS, IDMS DB/DC, LRF, ADSO ADSA, , TSO/ISPF, FOCUS, VSAM, ABENDAID, LIBRABRIAN, FILE-AID & TCP/IP.
Sr. Analyst /Programmer
- Hired by Computer Horizon for an out source project for Prudential Mortgage with aim to make it a Public Company, the project was name as Prudential Horizon project.
- Received training for Focus data base with report generating facility, & fundamental of SAS programming.
- Wrote several new programs online and batch programs in CICS COBOL with IMS Database.
- Modified several batch and online programs in IMS, using Cobol and CICS,
- Learned Mortgage Industry
COBOL II, IMS-DB , VSAM, JCL, MVS, CICS, TSO/ISPF, EASYTRIEVE , and CLIST.
Sr. Programmer / Analyst
- Analyzed, designed, and coded enhancements to an existing Periodic Payment System, the systems support the periodic Payment Center in processing checks, & electronic Fund Transfers. The products supported are Life Insurance Settlement Options, Group Disability payments, Prudential Income Annuities (PIA), Structured Settlements, & Board of Directors Payments.
- Involved extensively in the production support, weekly status meetings, problem & change management & system maintenance throughout this period.
- Other involvement was in the Y2K project for the PPS System, it includes external / internal document design, online & batch programs modification, data base conversion, unit & system integrated testing plan.
- Completed year-end Tax related projects throughout my stay in the Prudential.
- Defined & completed changes in many Logical Record Facility Sub schemas.
- Exercised extensive usage of OLQ & DMLO in the testing phase of the projects.
- Worked for the conversion project for PPS application, the conversion was from IDMS database system to DB2 data base system.
- Tested the system at unit, system and integration levels.
- Defined escalation procedures and coordinated loading procedures for the move to production.
- Learned several Mf software, Also Learned Insurance Process in Specific Annuity
COBOL II, , JCL, MVS, IDMS DB/DC, TSO/ISPF, IDMS, CHANGEMAN, VSAM, ABENDAID, FILEAID, XPEDITOR, WINDOWS NT, VISIO, IDMS LRF data base, & TCP/IP.
- Created new online programs & made enhancement in number of online programs for ATP, & APP application for the new requirement set up by the user, also coded new batch program from scratch with the help of COBOL-II, & IMS data base.
- Conducted extensive program analysis to before making any enhancement in the programs, created test plans for unit, system, and at integration levels.
COBOL II, IMS-DB 12.0, VSAM, JCL, JES2, SYNCSORT,CICS, PANVALET, INTERTEST, MVS/ESA, WINDOW NT 3.1 and TSO/ISPF.