Please note that this is a not a Job Board - We are an I.T Staffing Company and we provide candidates on a Contract and Full-time basis. If you need I.T.Professionals to fill a Contract or a Full-time Position, please call (800) 693-8939
A dynamic Server Engineering professional experience in Server Build, Very Strong in Configuring Raid levels, Troubleshooting Network & TCP / IP issues, Installation of Microsoft and Linux (RHEL) patches on a monthly basis, Monitoring technical alerts, Disk space issues & Decommission and Incident, Change, Service & asset management task at the time of server shipment.
· Over 7 + Years of professional experience as System Administration, Integration, Security and Management in supporting Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 servers, VM ware, Linux (RHEL) and Citrix Servers.
· Expertise in installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2003/2008 & RHEL 4/5/6 Servers and involved in Active Directory and exchange server running on Windows.
· Proficiency in WINS, DNS, DHCP, Virtual server administration, Patch Management in Windows 2000/2003 servers.
· Installed MS SQL and MySql on Windows and Redhat Linux servers and supported Database servers by writing SQL Queries.
· Manage software, hardware projects, and issues including deployments, upgrades.
· Experience with HP proliant DL 380/585 servers, Cisco UCS C200, C250, BL 20p Blade Servers, c7000 enclosures, IBM servers, Dell Power Edge servers.
· Significant experience in identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting technical service requests.
· Installing and monitoring the Internet Information Server (IIS).
· Maintaining the File Server, Print Server and the Cloning the desktops on network in Windows environment.
· Expertise in installation and managing Virtual servers VMware ESX and VMware vSphere clients.
· Experience working in VMWare Cluster environments and performing vMotion at ESX level and Storage vMotion at SAN level.
· Involved in upgrading Windows 2000 Sever to Windows 2003 as per SOP and IQ/OQ include database server, IIS server, Lotus Domino server and after upgrade support.
· System performance analysis, tuning, and capacity planning for both production and non-production environments.
· Experience in trouble shooting issues related to client specific major applications like Citrix, Mainframes.
· Experience in working with the other departments to gather the information needed.
· Experience in planning and executing DR (Disaster Recovery) Exercises on VMWare and Windows environments.
· Experience in engaging the application owners as needed to answer the technical questions.
· Experience in assigning the IP addresses to the new machines.
· Experience in performing the pre migration systems analysis and assessments and in setting up tasks for migrating the systems.
· Experience in working with the Security, Network and with the technical issues related to the Storage Engineering Post Migration support.
· Software configuration management using Chef and Puppet
· Skills on Rapid Deployment of Linux and Configuration Management and knowledge on Nagios and Cacti.
· Experience in monitoring architecture and setup whole nagios Monitor Infrastructure.
· Good experience in HP Blade Server Hardware, RAID and Microsoft Windows Clusters.
· Configuring, Monitoring and troubleshooting printer servers, FTP server, File servers, Firewalls, VPN, Routers.
· Experience in implementing and configuring hardware and software RAID under Windows NT/2000/2003/2008
· Experience in performing the backups and restoring the data as per the client requirement.
· Worked in large complex directory environments with experience supporting Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory (AD).
· Experience in resolving all levels of Severity Tickets, root cause investigations, system outages by meeting the SLA response.
· Experience in SQL Server 2002/2005/2008 in Installation and Configuration.
· Experience in building VMware virtual machines.
· Administration of VMware Virtual Center and virtualization services VMware DRS, VMware HA and V Motion.
· Experience in monitoring virtual systems and host environment usage and related issues.
Operating Systems : Red hat Linux 3/4/5/6, Fedora Core1/2/3/4/5/6, SUSE Linux, Solaris, Debian,
Ubuntu, Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 Servers, VMware ESX 3.5,4.1
Hardware : HP Proliant Servers, Dell Power Edge Servers, Dell PC Compatibles,
Compaq PC Compatibles, IBM servers, Switches, Routers
CloudComputing : Openstack
Languages : VB Script and SQL/PL SQL,Perl, bash, Ksh, Python
Networking : TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DNS,DHPCP, WINS, Remote Desktop Connection,
Ethernet, HTTP, FTP
Software : Active Directory, Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS),
Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM), VMware, Citrix, Exchange
2000/2003 Server, WINS, DNS, DHCP and MS Office Suite.
Web Technologies : Apache, IIS, HTML, XML
Web Services : Microsoft IIS 5.0/6.0
RAID : RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID5.
Database Servers : MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle, MySql
Configuration Mgmt. : Chef and Puppet
Monitoring Tools : Nagios (network monitoring), NDOUtils (Nagios and mysql), NRPE (Nagios
component), mon (network monitoring)
Linux Systems Administrator
· Involved in installing, Configuring and administration of Redhat Linux, Windows servers by using Kickstart server.
· Supported various application running on Ubuntu 12.x, Red Hat Linux4.x/5.x and VMWare ESX 4/5.
· Configuring & administration of Cassandra.
· Configured & Maintained Java application servers like Tomcat & messaging servers like Activemq.
· Worked on Patch and Package administration, installed various third party tools on servers.
· Worked extensively on troubleshooting including file sytem full, server panic, network troubleshooting and used various tools like vmstat, netstat, iostat, sar, prtdiag, ping etc.
· Involved in creating recipes for Chef to deploy configurations across 200+ Linux servers which Physical and Virtual.
· Installation, Configuration and support for Redhat Satellite Server and for upgrading and patching Linux Servers.
· Design and implement automatic deployment of OpenStack-based clouds for enterprise customers
· Configuration management of the Infrastructure using Chef Servers
· Rack mounted IBM HS & Dell Power Edge Blade Enclosures systems and configured Blade Consoles software to manage blades inside enclosures.
· Supported various backup teams - VERITAS Netbackup and TSM for backup administration.
· Installation of SSH and configuration of key based authentication.
· Assisting Development team to provide the information and troubleshooting.
· Administration of NFS, NIS, DNS and Send mail servers.
· Working experience with OpenStack: deployment, configuration, operations
· Provided 24X7 supports for various Production, Development and Test servers.
· Supported a Data Center consisting of more than 1000 + servers.
· Worked on creating and editing scripts (shell scripts) to automate various processes.
· Initiating Backups on daily basis and monitoring the scheduled backups.
· Worked on tickets to resolve day to day hardware/software/application bottlenecks.
· Constant Monitoring of System Performance using monitoring tools.
· Worked on HP Service Manager for Incident, Change Management and participated in Root Cause analysis of recurring issues, documented all the activities.
· Participated in Bridge calls, worked with various teams to solve issues related to servers & applications, worked closely with Vendors on Hardware Problems, software issues.
· Involved in Day-to-Day trouble shooting for the end users on Unix/Linux based applications.
· Configuring & deploying application using Tomcat web servers.
· Troubleshoot OpenStack deployment consistency
· Administration of monitoring infrastructure consisting of Nagios server with Centreon as web interface for configuration and display of performance data.
· Developed utilities in python, including templates and configurations for Nagios, MRTG, and basic system configurations. Wrote custom plugins for Nagios.
· Designed and implemented system to generate dynamic Nagios configuration.
System Engineer (Windows & Linux)
· Responsible for managing and administration of systems alongside IT Infra management of client network.
· Installed and maintained High-end IBM and HP servers with RAID configuration along with NAS and Tape Library.
· Creating user and group accounts on Windows and Linux servers and managed using user authentication.
· Troubleshooting Host Resolution, DNS and Active Directory issues.
· Installed and configured SSH on Linux and performed Kernel updates on RHEL servers.
· Managing the switches in the network and troubleshooting all LAN and WAN issues on Linux and Windows.
· Update patches on Servers Working Experience with Active Directory Components (AD Users and Computers, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
· Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
· Scheduling tasks, Monitoring tasks, creating alarms. Deploying load balancing, implementing Network security.
· Ensured Data Integrity by verifying backup tapes using random samples.
· Using SAN Storage to attach remote computer storage devices to the servers and utilize its full capacity for the business applications.
· Working experience with configuration management on Puppet.
· Creating and Maintaining VM templates.
· Teaming NICs using HP Teaming software for redundancy during failures.
· Deployed core Image process for new server deployment.
· Resolving various issues such as Windows Policies, Application licensing through RDP.
· Used Remedy Tool for ticketing (Change Management, Incident Management, and Request Management).
Windows and Linux System Administrator
· Worked extensively building, configuring and maintaining 2000 and 2003 servers in a 1200 + server environment.
· Configuring and troubleshooting issues related to DHCP, WINS and DNS Servers also implementing Bonding on Linux servers.
· Created User Accounts, groups and running scripts on production servers.
· Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP.
· Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies and Exchange server maintenance activities.
· Troubleshooting issues related to domain login, network resources access, various software applications.
· Migration of Windows 2000/2003 server to Win 2003 R2 and Redhat Linux3 &4 to Redhat Linux 5.
· Backup and Restoration of all the services without any data loss.
· Used MS SQL 2000 Database for holding the job information, Configuration of the backup server.
· Experience with VMware, creating VM Sessions for installing multiple OS and applications.
· Worked on Ticket process in Remedy Tool in 24x7 environments.
· Generation of reports from the console for day to day analysis.
· Involved in the maintenance of overall health and administration windows, storage and network components.
· Monitoring all the Critical Servers/File Servers/Print Servers for avoiding any kind of threat for the confidential data/information.
· Running VB Scripts and Shell scripts to validate logins on more than 1000 Windows and Linux servers and check the server access on weekly basis.
· Provided network support and ensuring the business is running without any interruption.
· Worked with the End users to troubleshoot problems with the packaged applications.
· Creating User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory
· Installing and Configuring Redhat Linux & Windows 2000/2003 Servers.
· Monitoring LAN and WAN links
· Remote Desktop Monitoring using Microsoft Terminal Services/Client.
· Preparing the Standard Build for deployment in the network
· Interacting with all the team members both in offshore as well as with the client in maintaining good customer relationships.
· Documenting the project details as per standards on regular basis.
· Providing application support and troubleshooting project specific software issues.
· Primary point of contact for Development and Operations group.
· Configuring and Managing the Network Printers.
· Desktop and Server Management for the Organization other than the project specific servers and client based Network Equipments.
· Created and Maintained User Profiles for all new users via Windows NT/2000 Server User Manager for Domains
· Configure , troubleshoot and maintain customer’s network
· Maintaining Escalations, Service Call and Incident ticket process receiving in 24x7 environments without passing the SLA.
· User tracking fault monitoring troubleshooting of client network and traffic management.
· Monitoring the Hubs, Switches, Cables, Network card and Routers.
· Installation and configuration of TCP/IP in Windows Server.
· Resolving User Service requests adhering to SLA’s.
· Installed standard software’s for the basic requirements to the clients.
· Supported MS SQL database and have good experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve data from tables.
· Remote System administration and provided on call support on regular basis to the clients.
· Involved in trouble shooting in Windows XP professional and Win2003 Servers and also involved in trouble shooting database like Oracle and MS SQL.
· Responsible for Active Directory Administration.
· Experience in working on Network Management Software.
· Resolved issues based on real time graphical views of network topology..
· Quality assurance for Application packaging.
· Experience in creating users and groups in the domain controller based on the application packages.
· Following the Quality Controlled Procedures, Check lists and Manuals for the Application Packaging Process.
· Install, Configure and Maintain the Network equipment.
· Maintenance and Up gradation of Hardwares.
· Supporting the IT Departments.
· Setting and Configuration of Proxy Server.